Why seek marriage/couples counseling?
- Inability to resolve conflict in a healthy way
- One partner dominates the relationship; the needs of the other are not met
- Inability to compromise
- Either partner having an affair
- Breakdown in communication
- Confusion about the roles of each spouse in the marriage
- Disagreement about lifestyles
Who are Grace Point’s counselors specializing in marriage counseling?
What do clients say about counseling and administration at Grace Point?
Clients say their connection to Grace Point counselors set them at ease, made them comfortable in sharing and helped them reach their counseling goals. They also report they appreciated talking with a live receptionist and that financial concerns are handled with sensitivity, timeliness and respect. They would recommend Grace Point to their family and friends!
One-Day Marriage Intensive Counseling Program
The One-Day Marriage Intensive is a popular marriage counseling session, designed to help couples in marriage crisis. Intensives help couples who feel stuck, hopeless and disconnected to transition to healing and connection. The Marriage Intensive serves as the catalyst for change. It should not be considered a cure but will help a couple develop the hope for true growth. Pre-work is conducted for each couple prior to the meeting.
The program includes:
- An initial meeting for the couple prior to the Intensive, scheduled on a separate day
- Meeting with a Grace Point counselor for the Intensive (approximately six hours)
- A participant manual and one follow-up session
Why is Marriage Intensive counseling so effective?
- Intensives are not rushed
- Couples are focused
- Couples work with a trained marriage counselor
- Counselors help couples identify core issues, address avoidances, deal with resentment, manage conflict and more
- Couples acquire new understanding of the purpose of marriage and skills to help make their marriage successful
- The Intensive program, developed by Grace Point therapists, combines the best therapies and skills available with biblical discernment
Designed for engaged couples seeking preparation for marriage, the One-Day Premarital Intensive satisfies the requirements of most churches and pastors. Our program meets the requirements for all couples who are scheduled to be wed at The Woodlands United Methodist Church.
Browse all marriage programs offered by Grace Point Counseling Center and The Woodlands UMC.